Beginner surfing course 1-10 days
1 or 2 day course – introduction to surfing
The 1 or 2 day surfing course is aimed at introducing you to this wonderful water sport and showing you the basic learning techniques. You will learn to control, paddle and surf small “white water” waves in shallow water.
At the beach the group is arranged into a semi circle where they undergo a surfing specific warm up and safety brief, where all students are made aware of the lesson plan, any potential dangers and all the signals/commands used by the instructors.
Key elements you will learn during the course:
- How to enter the water safely
- How to position yourself on the board (lying and sitting)
- How to paddle lying on the board
- How and when to stand up
- How to surf a small wave
- How to turn on the wave
Book 3,4, 5 or 10 day course to improve your surfing skills and master following:
- Choosing the right time and place to paddle out (behind the breaking waves)
- Going under the waves (duck dive or turtle technique)
- Learning to observe the waves to choose the right wave to paddle
- Catching and surfing the “green waves”
- Learning to go along the wave (down the line)
- Turning up and down on the wave
Each day we will learn standing techniques, board control, paddling and wipe out survival!! In addition to that you will also be given theory lessons on types of breaks, surf board design, equipment, history and water survival and safety.